2021 Roatan Family Mission #3: November 19-24, 2021
Hope Rock Church has a long history on the Island of Roatan, Honduras. Many parents have introduced their children to a taste of missions and life among the wonderful people on this beautiful island.
Hope Rock Church is committed to partnering with many of the ministries on the island and is increasing the number of trips each year in order to establish deeper relationships with our friends in Honduras.
Ministry Focus for this Trip
2020 was a difficult year on the island. They were hit with 2 hurricanes in the midst of the extreme Covid lock-downs.
In November, Marco and the team will be investing in the spiritual development of the residents in a Christ-centered drug rehab called “Jesus is the Solution.” We will also provide a 2 or 3-day “VBS” style program for a children’s ministry in the same area which is led by a faithful graduate of the rehab.
A Family Mission Trip!
This is a great trip for the whole family or a parent and child. Students who are 8th grade and above are allowed to travel without their parents. We can take a total of 14-16 people to keep lodging uncomplicated.
There are some busy days so children that require naps are discouraged from attending. Normally, 10 yrs old and up is a good rule of thumb.
As always, there will be one day to spend on the beach swimming and snorkeling on one of the most amazing coral reefs in the world!
The cost per person is:
*$500 (includes food, lodging, Covid test, and transportation on the island as well money to support the work)
*Airfare is booked individually and is not included in the $500 lodging and mission fee.
- The recommended departure flight from Austin on Friday, Nov 19 is United flight UA2040 at 7:15 am to UA2043 out of Houston to RTB
- Flight from RTB to IAH is UA2457 on Wednesday, Nov 24 at 1:40 pm
- check layover times to ensure you get through customs and to your gate…(recommend 2 hours)
- typical airfare is $600 to $900
*$100 refundable deposit is required when you register.
- All travelers to Honduras are required to provide proof of a negative covid test 72 hours or less than their scheduled arrival time in Roatan. (simple rapid tests are sufficient)
- All travelers to the USA are required to provide proof of a negative covid test 72 hours or less than their scheduled arrival time in the US. (simple rapid tests are sufficient). A test will be administered in Roatan as part of the trip cost.
Extra fees: 1 Covid test (before you leave the USA), souvenirs, beach expenses, and food on beach day.
For questions or to register please click on the registration link below