2022 Roatan High School & Family Mission #1: Feb 16 – 21, 2022
Hope Rock Church has a long history on the Island of Roatan, Honduras. Many parents have introduced their children to a taste of missions and life among the wonderful people on this beautiful island.
Hope Rock Church is committed to partnering with many of the ministries on the island and is increasing the number of trips each year in order to establish deeper relationships with our friends in Honduras.
Ministry Focus for this Trip
In February, Charlie and the team will be investing in the spiritual development of children in orphanages and very difficult living circumstances. We will work at the dump, the Mud Hole area, and some other children’s ministries. There will hopefully be some building projects to help with as well.
A High School & Family Mission Trip!
This is a great trip for the whole family or a parent and child. Students who are 14 yrs old and above are allowed to travel without their parents (documentation required). We can take a total of 14-18 people to keep lodging uncomplicated.
There are some busy days so children that require naps are discouraged from attending. Normally, 10 yrs old and up is a good rule of thumb.
As always, there will be one day to spend on the beach swimming and snorkeling on one of the most amazing coral reefs in the world!
The cost per person is:
*$500 (includes food, lodging, Covid test, and transportation on the island as well money to support the work)
*Airfare is booked individually and is not included in the $500 lodging and mission fee.
- The recommended departure flight from Austin on Wednesday is United flight UA2040 at 7:15 am to UA2043 out of Houston to RTB
- Return Flights from RTB to Houston is UA2457 on Wednesday at 1:40 pm
- Flight from IAH to AUS is UA 1498 at 07:40 pm
- typical airfare is $600 to $800 (but seen as low as $510)
*$100 refundable deposit is required when you register.
- All travelers to Honduras are required to provide proof of a negative covid test 72 hours or less than their scheduled arrival time in Roatan. (simple rapid tests are sufficient)
- All travelers to the USA are required to provide proof of a negative covid test 72 hours or less than their scheduled arrival time in the US. (simple rapid tests are sufficient). A test will be administered in Roatan as part of the trip cost.
Extra fees: 1 Covid test (before you leave the USA), souvenirs, beach expenses, and food on beach day.
To register or for any questions please click on the link below.